In this post, you will learn how to create a Verified Nigerian Paypal Account that can receive and send payments without restrictions.
In fact, this is the exact process a lot of Nigerians have used to send and receive money from different countries.
So if you want to receive money in dollars, pounds, and other foreign currencies through your PayPal account, then you will love this new guide.
Is it possible to receive money via Paypal in Nigeria?
It is no news that Nigerians cannot create a Paypal account due to restrictions.
Thus, a lot of people have found it difficult incredibly Familiar & Friends who want to receive money from their loved ones or Freelancers trying to get paid by their clients.
The are other available options out there like Netteler, Skrill, Transfer Wise, e.t.c
People would have been the easiest since it has more users and it’s a globally accepted payment method in most countries.
I have also experienced the challenge of receiving money from outside Nigeria.
Since most of my Freelance Clients ask for PayPal and refuse to settle for other payment methods.
This prompted me to do a lot of research in order to bypass these restrictions.
Then I discovered the Strategy of Creating a PayPal account in Nigeria without Restrictions which I will be sharing with you in this Guide.
Let’s dive into the steps.
Please Note: For this guide, we’d be opening a Lesotho Paypal account.
Requirements for How To Open Verified PayPal Account In Nigeria
You will need the following information for this tutorial to be successful if you are ready to open your Lesotho PayPal Account. Requirements include:
- An Email Address: it will be used as a means to receive money via Paypal. As well, you need to log in.
A Valid Government issued ID: It can be your National ID, Voters Card, International Passport, Driver’s License, etc.
- Phone Number: Nigerian phone Number
- Your full Nigerian Address: Your Address must match the one on your Government-issued ID card.
If you have all the above requirements ready, you can proceed with creating your PayPal account.
How to Create a Paypal Account without Restrictions in Nigeria.
#1. Visit PayPal Website
The First thing you need to do is to visit the web address https://paypal.com/ls (Make sure you add “/ls/” after the .com)
Once you are on the website, you will see different options, like “Send Money and Receive Money”.
#2. Click on the “Sign Up” button.
It will redirect you to a page where you will be asked to choose between a personal and business account.
A personal account is mainly for people that want to shop online from an international website while a Business account allows you to accept payments and send invoices all around the world.
So you select the “Business Account” and click on “continue”, as it satisfies the purpose of this guide.
This takes you to a page where you actually have to start setting up your PayPal
Input your email address and a suitable password click on “continue”
The next step is to input your business details
** For your Legal Business Name, You can use your Full Name, if you have a business name.
** By default the business phone number is set to +266, you can change this to +234(or any country of your choice) and input your desired phone number.
** For the Business Address, use the address available on any of your means of verification.
** Select USD as the primary currency.
Once you’ve filled in your important Business Details, Click on “Continue”.
The next thing is to describe your business/select Business type and click on continue.
** Select “Individual/Sole Proprietorship” for the business type.
** Select any of the Digital Marketing Sub-categories for the Product or Services keyword.
So it’s time to fill in your Personal Details like your “Date of Birth” and “Home Address”
** Make sure your personal details correspond with what is on the business details so as to enable easy verification
And Viola, You’ve successfully created a PayPal account that can accept payment from Nigeria.
So the next line of action is to scroll down, on your dashboard and confirm your email address
You should get a verification email from PayPal upon registration.
Click on “Confirm your Email” and then enter your password to complete the email verification process.
It automatically confirms the email and redirects you to your dashboard.
Is it Secure to Open a Lesotho PayPal Account in Nigeria?
Yes, it is very secure. As long as you don’t carry out suspicious activities, then you should be good.
Linking Card to PayPal account.
To link your Lesotho PayPal account with your credit card, please read the following. Make sure you know which card works well with PayPal. When you try to add the wrong card, it will be rejected. Here are some of the errors you might encounter while trying to add your account
– Insufficient funds For Lesotho PayPal Verification
Your card does not have enough funds for PayPal to remove its confirmation fee. For PayPal to confirm that you own the card, you must have $3 in your account. PayPal will refund your money once your account is verified.
– Your Card Has Expired or Not a Type of Card Accepted.
A credit card, debit card, or Prepaid can be used to verify a PayPal account, However not all cards are accepted by PayPal.
What Type of Card Can You Use To Verify Your Lesotho PayPal Account?
If you have any of the following cards, you can add and verify your Lesotho PayPal account in Nigeria. Check and see if you can collect and use the convenient one from your bank.
- GTBank Dollar Card
- Flutterwave Virtual card
- Zenith Bank Dollar Card
- Wallet Africa Virtual Card
- Alat by Wema Virtual Dollar Card
If you own any of the above-listed cards, proceed to the next step on how to verify your PayPal account.
To proceed, make sure you have $3 equivalent in your Naira account or Dollar card.
How To Verify Lesotho PayPal Account in Nigeria
Have you got your card ready? Let’s verify you in just a few minutes, shall we?
- Log in to your Lesotho PayPal account dashboard, and you will see an orange flag with text asking you to confirm your debit or credit card. Below it, click see details or got to https://www.paypal.com/businessprofile/mymoney
- After the page loads, choose to link your credit card, and a page like this should appear.
- In the first column, enter your credit card number.
- You can find the expiration year of your card in the third column on the front below the numbers, e.g., 11/22|
- Enter the CVV code of your card into the fourth column is the last 3 digit code found at the back of your card.
- Click on Link Card to complete the Lesotho PayPal verification process.
- You will be debited at least 700 to 800 naira if you answer the next question.
- Wait for some few minutes for the alert to come up, and it should contain something this *PP1232PP
- Copy ONLY the last 4 digits of the code and navigate to the card you added earlier.
- Click on the “Confirm Card” label and verify that you own the card by entering the 4 digit number you copied earlier and click “Confirm.”
and that’s is, your PayPal account is verified.
How To Protect Your Lesotho PayPal Account from Getting Limited or Ban.
Follow these rules, and your PayPal account in Lesotho in Nigeria will remain active. Failure to adhere to the regulations can your account restricted or permanently banned on the platform.
- Never Request Charge Back or Perform a foul Transaction that will require you to request a chargeback using your PayPal account.
- Do this: Contact the person you mistakenly sent the wrong amount to and ask them to use the refund feature in PayPal to keep your money the way it is. It will help both of you to avoid unnecessary charges when.
- If you need to use PayPal, dedicate your PC or smartphone to the task whenever it arises instead of logging in from a private tab or just any device that you can find.
- Do not use a VPN to log in; your Lesotho PayPal account does not require you to change your IP address in order to access it. Instead, use the URL to log in anytime you want to do so.==>> https://www.paypal.com/signin?country.x=LS&locale.x=en_LS
- Lastly, if your PayPal account becomes restricted, you can call this number 1-402-935-2050 to file a complaint with the number you used to register your account. Get your account support pin and provide it when they ask you to do so at https://www.paypal.com/ls/selfhelp/contact/cal
FAQs About PayPal Creation in Nigeria
Below are the most frequently asked questions regarding PayPal account creation in Nigeria.
– How do I get a US PayPal account in Nigeria?
Register for a US PayPal account at https://paypal.com/us/. Don’t be surprised if it doesn’t work.
– What is the alternative to a US PayPal account in Nigeria?
The alternative to a US PayPal account is to use the tutorial on this page to get yourself a very good Paypal account.
How can I use PayPal in Nigeria?
Follow these steps to create a Paypal account and send and receive payments in Nigeria without hassle.
If you have any questions or issues when creating your account, kindly let us know in the comment section below.